Job Posting: 8/15/19 – Cellarman
This is a part time, entry level position with additional earning potential based upon willingness to take on added responsibilities such as Tap Room Bartender and/or Off-site Pouring at special events.
The Cellarman is responsible for the duties involved with the cold side of the brewery. Wort is made in the brewhouse, but beer is made in the cellar. Quality of the beer can be greatly affected by the cellaring processes. The Cellarman’s primary focus is to maintain the integrity of our product.
The Cellarman is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as transferring beer from tank to tank, ensuring the beer is transferred slowly and in an aseptic manner. The Cellarman is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Cellarman also cleans and sanitizes kegs, product lines and miscellaneous parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- ● Come in prepared to work. Understand the day’s objective by communicating with the Brewmaster.
- ● Proper personal protective equipment is required to be worn during the entire shift.
- ● CIP transfer lines and transfer any beers that are scheduled and ready to the appropriate conditioning tank.
- ● Clean all tanks that are empty, dirty, and need to be cleaned.
- ● Complete fermentation checks.
- ● Pull yeast, if needed, or required during the week and keeping track of clean and dirty yeast kegs.
- ● Dispose of excess yeast which is not suitable for reuse.
- ● Communicate with the the Brewmaster and Management team throughout the day to keep the day organized, running on time, and able to maintain a good workflow.
- ● Primary focus should be to provide a safe working environment which allows us to work cleanly and produce great beer.
- ● Assist in the cleaning of the cellar areas and the washing of equipment, floors and tools.
- ● Follow all SOPs and safety protocols.
- ● Make recommendations for equipment and processes with formal reports or an email.
- ● Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the cellar department.
- ● Contribute to the evolution of the brewery.
- ● Remain calm, flexible, and able to work through setbacks.
- ● Experienced in simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities in a hectic and fast paced work environment.
- ● Ability to know when to ask for help from the Brewmaster if help is needed to prevent mistakes and ultimately get the job done.
- ● Able to work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example.
- ● Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete a dilution calculations, volume, flow, density, weight, length, pressure and other unit conversions, calculate beer volumes/losses, and alcohol content.
- ● Consistently read and write orders and draft emails. Ability to complete forms.
- ● Communicate clearly with coworkers.
- ● Frequent problem solving.
● Consistently lift and carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry 80 pounds to chest height.
- ● Frequent bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling and reaching.
- ● Must be able to stand for the entire shift.
- ● Consistently able to use repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- ● Work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment and materials.
- ● Climb stairs several times a day.
Contact via email with resume and salary requirements to: Sean Gregor